Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

I don't really believe in "heroes", but


... every time I discover JK Rowling putting a new way to describe something with a fart on her website I think I love her just a little bit more. That among other things, like her creative writing!

I recently spent some time re-reading all seven Harry Potter books, and man, it's a lot different after you've experienced the story twice. It's really nice.

I feel like when I one day have kids they'll definitely enjoy these books (unless they're assholes--I'll have to make sure they're not). Not the pansy e-books though! (Unless it still has the Mary GrandPre drawings in them. They're a real treat to look forward to every chapter in addition to everything else.)

But there's nothing like curling up to a book that's bigger than you and reading without glasses on!

I spent most of my life writing more than anything else, and now that I've spent a few years doing art, I think I realize I do miss writing quite a lot. So trying to figure out a way to combine them in a video game that I actually like would be fun.

 Anyway, here's a little guy I spent a little bit of time on the other day, trying to mimic this character:


Should probably add color to the model just for practice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment